Domestic Violence & Abuse Contacts

Multi-agency procedures

Multi-agency risk assessments

Contact your local MARAC co-ordinator and for reference on conducting a risk assessment

Co-ordinated Action Against Domestic Abuse (CAADA) is a national charity supporting a strong multi-agency response to domestic abuse. Our work focuses on saving lives and saving public money. CAADA provides practical help to support professionals and organisations working with domestic abuse victims. The aim is to protect the highest risk victims and their children – those at risk of murder or serious harm.

Advice and Support Available in Solihull

In an emergency ring 999 for Police, or 101 for non-emergencies

Details of services available to you in Solihull:

Birmingham and Solihull Women's Aid offer:

  • Helpline 0808 800 0028. This number is free from landlines and most mobiles.
  • They provide shelter and support for up to 11 women and their children until they are confident enough to live independently.
  • Support staff who will work with you on a one to one basis in the community. They provide information, advice, advocacy and support on a range of matters. This includes practical and emotional support with housing, budgets, benefits and legal issues.

Ashram provide support to those from black and ethnic minority communities who are vulnerable to housing or personal crisis, including domestic abuse. To contact them call 07719 235 683/ 0300 111 7000 or email

Solihull MIND offer:

  • A weekly support group for women experiencing or who have experienced domestic abuse.
  • An advocate offers representation and support to women who are experiencing or who have experienced domestic abuse.

To contact them ring 0121 742 4941/0121 743 4237 or email:

Victim Support offer confidential help, support and information. They also provide a Witness Service to help witnesses, victims and their families before, during and after a trial. To contact them ring 0300 303 1977.

Children’s Services - If you are concerned or know that a child is witnessing domestic abuse you can:

  • Ring Children's Social Work Services 0121 788 4375 in office hours and out of hours the Emergency Duty Team can be contacted on 0121 605 6060.
  • Ring the Talk to your health visitor or other health professional.
  • And if you are pregnant you can talk to your midwife.

If you a man who is experiencing domestic abuse the Men’s Advice Line is a confidential and anonymous helpline. The number is 0808 801 0327. This is free from landlines and most mobiles.

Organisations with further information

If you're suffering from domestic violence, or you're worried that someone you know may be suffering, there are a number of organisations you can contact for helpful advice.

English National Domestic Violence helpline

0808 2000 247

National Centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV)

A free, fast emergency service to survivors of domestic abuse regardless of financial circumstances, race, gender or sexual orientation.

For children & young people

Children and young people can be affected by domestic abuse too. You may witness the abuse or be caught up in it. The Hide Out website is for young people to help them understand what domestic abuse is and what can be done to take positive action.


If you're a victim of domestic abuse and you're worried about what will happen if you report it to the police, you should call Childline on 0800 1111. They'll be able to let you know what will happen if you tell someone about your situation and help you work out what to do next.

Calls to Childline are free and they'll never appear on your phone bill. You may also be able to find useful information on their website.


The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC)operates a helpline that offers confidential advice for people who are worried about cases of possible child abuse. The NSPCC cannot investigate suspected child abuse cases, but they'll be able to provide you with the contact details of the relevant local social services teams. The number is 0808 800 5000 and it's open 24 hours a day.

You may also want to look at the NSPCC's there4me website. As well offering advice, the site lets you chat online to trained advisers in real time. This is useful if you're worried about using your home phone.