As part of a collaboration with Solihull Council, South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust (SWFT) are now providing services to support infants, children and young people aged from 0-19.
The 5 key focus areas to give every child in Solihull the best start in life include:
1. Health Visiting – leading the Healthy Child Programme from pregnancy to age 5.
2. Healthy Start Vitamins Scheme – helping children get the vitamins they need.
3. Infant Feeding – a specialist team to support mothers with breastfeeding and provide expert guidance on infant nutrition.
4. Family Nurse Partnership – a specially trained team provide intensive home-visiting to young mums.
5. School Nursing – providing health advice and care to children and young people aged 5 to 19 years.
Rachel Tompkins, SWFT General Manager of Children, Young People and Family Services said:
"We have been working closely with Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council and understand their vision for a service that is child and family focused.
"We’re looking forward to welcoming staff from current service providers Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust and are confident that their knowledge and experience will further strengthen our team.”
For further details please visit www.swft.nhs.uk.