Solar: The emotional wellbeing and mental health service for 0-19 year olds in Solihull
Watch our new video by clicking on the image below which was produced with the help of young Healthwatch representatives who were members of the Local Transformation Plan partnership group.
- Provide care with compassion, dignity, respect, without stigma or judgement, to start a road to recovery and prevent problems recurring
- Help children and young people who may feel depressed and anxious to the extent that they cannot do the things they might usually do
- Give access to information and services for families and healthcare professionals about the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people
- Assist parents and carers in understanding children’s needs and behaviours so they can provide support at home
- Counsel children and young people following domestic, sexual or physical abuse, or those whose family life is identified as having multiple complex issues
- Offer a range of interventions across a wide spectrum of mental health needs and diagnoses.
- pdf Solihull's Local Transformation Plan for Children and Young People’s Mental Health and Wellbeing (1.07 MB) (a whole systems plan predominantly delivered by Birmingham & Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust which also relates to schools, public health and Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust)
- pdf Children and Young People's version of the Local Transformation Plan (10.55 MB)
- Animation video for the Local Transformation Plan for Children and Young People's Mental Health and Wellbeing - view on YouTube here
- Progress report for the local transformation of of children's and young people's mental health and wellbeing - pdf download here (1.43 MB)
- pdf Emotional Wellbeing & Mental Health Needs Assessment - Appendix 1 (1.49 MB)
- 2011-2015 One Page Strategy - Appendix 2
- 2015 Emotional Wellbeing & Mental Health staffing structure - Appendix 3
Find out more: