Choose the right care this winter
Residents across Solihull are encouraged to consider other treatment and NHS services to A&E if they or their loved one is unwell or injured, as part of the Choose Well campaign.
The campaign raises awareness of the alternatives available, showing people where to go if they don’t have a life-threatening condition and offers advice on the best healthcare and treatment for them. These include:
- Self-care – treat minor illness and injury at home using a well-stocked stocked medicine cabinet.
- Pharmacy – visit for expert advice and treatment for minor ailments.
- NHS 111 – call for advice and signposting on what the best treatment is and where to go for it.
- GP – call for advice and if symptoms persist for more than a few days, make an appointment.
- Walk-in centres – open out-of-hours to treat minor illnesses and injuries.
Choose Well offers advice from GPs, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
Watch the latest videos:
When to choose your local pharmacy
When to choose your GP
News and blogs:
For more information about services available, latest campaign news and to find local GP surgeries and pharmacies, visit the Choose Well Midlands website at www.choosewellmidlands.nhs.uk. You can also follow Solihull CCG at @SolihullCCG
For all the latest Choose Well Midlands news:
Bad weather health advice: