Employer: Broadway Health Centre
Location: Cope Street Ladywood Birmingham B18
Salary: Depending Upon Experience
3 Posts: Two Part Time (1) Posts 8am till 13:30 (2) 13:30:18:30. One Full Time Post
Summary: Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way. Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the practice
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments.
- Process appointment requests for today/future appointments from patients by telephone and in person and actively process home visits/requests
- Ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Keeping the reception area, notice-boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
- Using your own judgment and communication skills, ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner.
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover, and ensure procedures are completed.
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery.
- Enter requests for home visits, ensuring to carefully record all relevant details and referring to duty doctor where necessary.
- Advice patients of relevant charges for private (non General Medical Services) services, accept payment and issue receipts for same.
- Enter patient information on to the computer as required.
- Make and serve refreshments, ensure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy and tidy the waiting room in turn with other staff.
- Ensure that all new patients are registered onto the computer system promptly and accurately
- Active participation with the Patient Group
- Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested by the partners or the practice manager.
Please email your CV to email@example.com
Deadline Wednesday 20th December 2017 at 5pm