A fun and interactive roadshow is touring Birmingham and Solihull to give residents a better chance to ‘Stay Well’ this winter.
NHS Birmingham CrossCity, NHS Birmingham South Central and NHS Solihull Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) are running the winter roadshows as part of the national NHS ‘Stay Well’ campaign.
The roadshow events, which take place during November and December, visit popular locations across Birmingham and Solihull to offer advice to local residents on how to prepare for winter.
The aim is to make sure they are informed so they choose the right health services for their condition.
NHS staff are encouraging members of the public to come and talk to them at the roadshow events to receive FREE advice and support about some of the key actions they can take to keep them and their families well this winter including:
- Making sure you get the flu jab if eligible;
- Keeping warm – inside and outdoors;
- Getting help from your pharmacist as soon as you start to feel unwell, before it gets more serious, even if it’s just a cough or a cold;
- Making sure you have a well-stocked medicine cabinet;
- Taking prescribed medicines as directed.
The team will also be inviting the public to test their knowledge and take part in a game called ‘Play Your Care Right’ to check if they know to choose the right service for a particular health condition. The game identifies the most appropriate care and support for common winter ailments, with some surprising results that could really help people to avoid an unnecessary trip to a GP or A&E this year.
The tour has already visited venues across Birmingham and Solihull, such as Longbridge Retirement Village, Sparkhill Fitness Centre in Birmingham, the Tudor Leisure Centre in Solihull and Chelmsley Wood Shopping Centre.
There is still chance to see us on:
- Thursday 30th November 2017 – Northfield Shopping Centre 10am - 4pm
- Friday 1 December 2017 - Erdington High Street 10 - 4pm