Out of Hospital Care is one of the 3 ICASS work-streams. It is a programme of work, identified with our partners, looking at health and social care that is delivered outside of an acute setting. A number of areas have been identified as priorities for further development:
- all interim beds including health and social care beds, respite beds and step down facilities
- all non bedded intermediate care including reablement
- management of long term conditions, including virtual ward, community nursing and the integration with primary care, the accountable clinician role
- Discharge to Assess schemes, particularly in relation to dementia
- End of life – Midhurst project.